Saturday 10 January 2009

Rodarte, Rodarte




I think I love you more than words.
I'm sure i'm with most girls/boys here when I say I would love to have a sneak peak into the minds of the Rodarte sisters, they are such unconventional 'fashion designers'. Well that's probably just me.But for starters, they don't seem to be up their own ... which is refreshing!
Kate and Laura Mulleavy are together, one of the most sought after designing team in the world, and seem to have become world renound in a matter of six months from their first collection.
Since 2005, Rodarte, named after the girls maiden names, has been consistantly eye catching, creative and generally making young women everywhere lust over their killer gloves!
They hand stitch almost everything! Which sort of accounts for their couture-esq prices. But it is the etheral beauty of it all, which really makes my heart stop. No other collection, that I have seen recently, do I love as much as the work coming out of the Mulleavy sisters.
I think I cried a little when I first saw these shoes, the bringing together of all my favourite things, studs, christina loubution, a killer platfrom, and the stark contrast of the demonic looking shoes with the spider web tights gives me chills!
I get the sense from this pair of californian sisters that this is why I love fashion, they create things that have the ability to take my breath away, and not only have they done it once, but with every collection I have seen them create, they constantly make me feel completely inadequate.





trigger hippie.blogspot.com

Why do you like fashion?
What piece of clothing, or collection has ever took your breath away?

9 comments:

Katia said...

Ahhh I love those pictures and dresses and ahh and shoes! Lovely

K8 said...

I like those shoes!
:)

Love + Cake said...

I WANT those black heels. They are beautiful works of art!! I must have them...

Wow, tough question, too. There have been so many great collections and pieces that I love or that have inspired me. I'm always inspired by Betsey Johnson . . . but I'm not the "Betsey Johnson Style" type. I love Alexander Wang this season (who doesn't??) I would have to give this question some serious thought... Great post.
xx. mavi

Anonymous said...

it's because of people like the rodarte sisters and stylists like emmanuelle alt that i love fashion!

thanks for this post- this was one of my favorite collections ever! :)

-MJ

roxanne said...

oh dear, the reasons i love fashion could fill a book.. it's the first thing we notice on people and if you're anything like me, the last thing you remember. it speaks volumes without saying a word, and that power fascinates me. i've been swept off my feet by many an image, icon, collection, and piece from several aesthetics, but my first true foray into the world of swoon-inducing fashion were my first glimpses of audrey hepburn.. utter and classic perfection.

Kira Aderne said...

I love fashion because fashion is fantasy...
I am always in love for chanel....every little piece!
a kiss and great post!

those shoes are killer!

Trish said...

OMG! I super love Rodarte!! :)

Rylie said...

I love the pictures, so inspirational.

zoƫ said...

i like fashion because it's forever evolving ..
and because it's one of the art forms used the most - without realizing it, people subconsciously think of fashion every single day .
what's not to love ?



oh and those rodarte shoes are gollld ! i love them to bits .